Scandlines was running an old SAP system at the German Hosting center, the plan and strategy for Scandlines was to upgrade and move the system to a new Danish hosting partner.
The SAP Upgrade project support these business benefits:
- Install and upgrade SAP System on a new Hardware installation including a support of Scandlines landscape strategy to move to Danish hosting center.
- SAP implementation of new functionalities and improvements of business processes, hereunder solving existing errors in systems, for business advantages.
- The project includes work need for upgrading the configuration and modification (ABAP) for upgrade.
- As a part of streamline and presenting cost reduction, the project will remove the SAP PI system from the existing SAP solution in Scandlines today, and crate a solution based with interface direct from SAP to vendors were POs are send.
- Scandlines had an old reporting solution that needed to be upgraded. The upgrade project delivered correction for the reporting system to ensure the working of the existing new reports. The project installed new reporting content as of part of the upgrade for business benefits.
- The SRM upgrade project will ensure the SAP system runs UNICODE for future support and SAP compliance.
- The project allows business and It support to create and update a complete set of test cases / user guides, user training and handover in parallel to the project to ensure a well tested / supported system after go-live.
- The project is based on a classical brownfield upgrade scenario, with new hardware setup, which make is possible to stop the existing SAP solution, in case of fall back this could be used, this was securing a risk reduction at go-live.